Living in the City
The reason I moved into the city of Harrisburg was because I could find a decent house to buy for a good price. It definitely helped me purchase my first home. And at the time it was just a few blocks from work. But that changed.
A few weeks ago I was talking with my boss who recently moved into the city himself. He said that Harrisburg offers all the problems of living in a city without many of the benefits of living in a city. I completely agree. And here is my list of pros and cons of living in the city of Harrisburg.
1. Inexpensive housing.
2. The river is beautiful.
1. Taxes are high.
2. Public schools are horrible.
3. Lack of family oriented establishments.
4. Lack of coffee shops with decent hours.
5. Roads are always in poor shape.
6. Serious crimes.
7. Lack of spring cleaning for trash pick-ups.
8. No grocery shopping in the city.
9. Parking (I need to pay for a parking permit in front of my house)
There are probably more but these are the ones I could think of off the top of my head.
After living here for a few years I’m anticipating my next move. It will probably be to Camp Hill. But before I make any decisions I will need to speak with my Realtor and get some suggestions from him. I’m thinking this may happen within the next year if I can do it.